The following bills were proposed/introduced on Monday, 2/8/16:
- A-2983 Diegnan (D-18) Establishes pilot program in DOE to award pupil transportation contracts that exceed bid threshold through request for proposals. (2014: A-3921). Proposed for introduction.
- A-2726 Bucco (R-25); Munoz, N. (R-21); Pintor Marin (D-29) – Requires school districts to provide listing of bus stops near residence of sex offender to law enforcement. (2014:A-3606). Introduced and referred to Assembly Judiciary Committee.
- S-1328 (Turner) – Clarifies that school bus for purpose of upgraded penalties in “school zone” criminal drug laws includes any bus owned and operated by board of education or by private contractor. Proposed for introduction.
- S-1366 (Bucco) – Directs DOE to develop and implement pilot program for compressed natural gas school buses, and authorizes establishment of permanent voluntary program under certain circumstances. Proposed for introduction.
- S-1120 (Singer) – Requires school districts to provide transportation to public and nonpublic school pupils living along hazardous routes. Introduced and referred to Senate Education Committee.