Our members are dedicated to the safety of our passengers, to help promote contracted school bus transportation, and to introduce legislation regarding the school bus industry.
Eric Raphael, President; Financial Chair (Irvin Raphael Bus)
Colin Michael, Vice President; NJMVC Liaison (First Student)
Chloe Williams, Vice President ; PR/Education Chair (BR Williams Bus)
Courtney Villani, Secretary; Membership Co-Chair (Villani Bus Co)
Dan Jauch, Membership Co-Chair (Krapf School Bus)
Shannon Murray, Legislation Chair (Kensington Bus)
- Jim Hager, NJSTS Liaison (Krapf School Bus)
- William Pascrell, III, Lobbyist
- Evie Wills, Administrator
Letter to Returning and New Members
Dear Returning and New Members,
Greetings to our Members and Prospective Members,
Following are the highlights of a successful 2019 membership year.
- The Association hired an Administrator to coordinate the Association’s efforts on multiple fronts.
- Mid-year, we held regional meetings to gather members’ ideas to ensure that the Association’s efforts are responsive and effective.
- In response to a request for educational workshops, in the Fall we held one on the MAP 21 requirements. The event was full to capacity and received stellar reviews.
- The Association has worked on making the website a valuable tool for the transportation community and opened a Members Only tab where resources and information specific to your business interests can be found.
- We reached out to our House of Representative members and Senators requesting their support for the STOP for School Buses Act of 2019, and this is an important on-going effort.
- We have increased our membership, a vital step to continuing to accomplish all that needs to be
The coming year looks to be even busier!
- Advocacy for the interests of our industry through grassroots engagement at the individual level with legislators is paramount.
- A professional Governmental Affairs Lobbyist has been engaged.
- Our experience and expertise must be heard as Legislation at the State and Federal level continues to be created. We are working diligently to make sure we are part of the
- The NJSBCA has re-established a working relationship with the STS of NJ in recognition of our mutual interests and NJSBCA is working to improve the channel of communication between our members and the NJMVC.
Both these entities have welcomed our energies towards these efforts and benefits have already been accrued.
Another project that will interest many of our members is one created by a membership group concerned with situations whereby un-credentialed/unqualified/uninsured “rogue” operators are given contracted work that they legally may not be entitled to do. Our mission is to shine a light on these companies that reflect poorly on our industry in contrast to our members who abide by appropriate laws, standards and practices.
We plan to pick up on the fuel tax issue that has been at the top of many contractors’ lists and although we are facing political winds against us, it is an issue we continue to vigorously pursue, along with several other emerging fuel tax issues, about which we are strategizing.
NJSBCA understands that it is hard work to run a business while keeping an eye out for opportunities, as well as anticipating and overcoming the barriers and obstacles that affect our businesses. We are proud that our Association is made up of quality operators and we know that we are so much stronger when we stand together!
So, here’s the pitch:
- If you share in the belief that there is a benefit to having knowledge about current and oncoming legal requirements;
- If you believe a successful school bus contracting business requires expertise and professionalism and integrity;
- If you know you have something to offer, and can also benefit from others willing to share wisdom;
- If you feel you and your operational staff is well served by having in-service educational opportunities provided by experts;
- If you feel one is strong, but many are stronger and you want to get things accomplished, then you are qualified for membership.
Eric K. Raphael, President, NJSBCA
Associate/Vendor Membership Benefits
- Direct access to network with our membership; NJSBCA members are owners and top decision makers of the leading school bus contractors across the State
- Your company logo listed on our public membership page
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Exposure at our annual expo
- Preferred advertising opportunities
- Direct access to industry information
- Exclusive opportunities to promote your product
- Special program opportunities
- Partnership in a safer industry; your participation strengthens the NJ school bus transportation industry
Join now and together, we will develop and refine the path to providing safe, reliable and cost effective student transportation services through responsible school bus contractors.
Annual Associate/Vendor Membership: $500
Download: Associate/Vendor Member Application
Please send your completed application and payment to NJSBCA, PO Box 304, Somerville, NJ 08876.
E-mail your logo information to Your customers will appreciate your dedication to their success!
Contractor Members – JOIN NOW!
Together, we will develop and refine the path to providing safe, reliable and cost effective student transportation services through responsible school bus contractors.
Download: Contractor Member Application